For installing various tags on your site, you can use a free software tool known as Google Tag Manager or GTM. In order to perform the tracking of Google Analytics, a code may be added to your site by you. We will call this as a tag. Facebook pixels, heatmap tracking code (Crazy Egg, Hotjar, LuckyOrange), Google Ads conversion tracking code, Google Ads remarketing code are some other examples of this. Earlier, for tracking the codes, there was a requirement of a web developer in the companies. But this type of arrangement required the tracking of hundreds of codes. Updating and maintaining these codes was very difficult. But now the GTM account can store all tags at a single place and this is a solution to the above problem. It is possible to store Google Ads, Google Analytics and some other web tools in GTM just like we store tools in a toolbox.
Is it difficult to use Google Tag Manager?
It is provided with a functionality that is easy-to-use and even a non-programmer can use it. However, it uses some programming language that you don’t know. Let us discuss the following things:
- Use of tags – What are tags? These are basically snippets of code. Within a web page, you can perform a particular action, if you send information by making the use of tags. We can also say that tags inform the GTM about doing something in a specific manner.
- Use of triggers – You can get the information about a functioning and active tag with the help of triggers. If it is non-functioning and inactive then the triggers will inform you of that also. For activating the tag, we use a trigger.
- Use of variables – For correct operating of triggers and tags, the GTM uses values known as variables.
GTM has some benefits which are:
1. We can use it easily – It is not necessary to have programming knowledge for using GTM, which is a great advantage. Here you do not require to do a website coding that is complex and it is very easy to deploy tags, test each change, add new tags and make updates. You can streamline your process and can have autonomy on it along with your team. There are some important matters that need a focus of the IT department e.g., if your site loads slowly. But if you use GTM then it speeds up the launch times and for focusing on the matters as mentioned above, the IT department has enough time.
2. It will save your lots of time – You can do the implementation of tracking codes very easily if you use GTM. Now for installing the code, there is no need of a developer or a marketer which can take several days to do it. With this you can save your time. By using GTM platform, adding, editing and removing the tracking code will be very easy.
4. It is very easy to troubleshoot – Before publishing the tag errors, it is possible to correct or troubleshoot these. All this is possible because when using GTM, one place includes everything. There may be some tags which do not work and some may work. You can get all this information automatically in the GTM’s Preview Mode. Datalayer Checker and Tag Assistant are some other tools of GTM.
5. It is possible to create templates – When using Google Tag Manager, it is possible to have a single file and exporting variables, triggers and tags in it, is very easy. Now, generating common code templates can be made possible by using the above things. You can get help in remarketing and Google Ads conversions if you use built-in tags of GTM. Thus, you can customize the tags even if you do not have any experience of coding.
7. GTM is free – It is completely free to use GTM. For businesses that are medium-sized or small, we can perfectly use GTM. The Tag Manager 360 has a premium version of GTM. You need to upgrade to this version if you have large organizations.
8. Control of version – It is possible to automatically save an archived version of GTM whenever any changes are made in it by you. This will help you in restoring the earlier version if you are not satisfied with the changes. For going back and forth, you can get the necessary fluidity with the feature of version control in it.
9. Managing users and giving permissions – Whenever any changes need to be made by you in GTM then the type of changes and who is going to make the changes are under your full control. Who allows to create rules, macros and tags in the site is under your complete control.
10. There are negligible worries and tensions when using it – Your mind can be full of peace when using GTM. If you think that your tags can include a URL, or an IP address or a domain of malware type then you need not to take any tension about this. Whenever any known malware is present in the tracking scripts then it is automatically paused by Google after doing a full scan.
If you are interested in getting SEO services then contact SEO company India. It will provide you services related to search engine optimization and high-level digital marketing. It can also give you a free audit whenever you want. The fees that it charges for providing the SEO services is affordable.